Don't let this opportunity pass you by . . .all Veterans, regardless of income or assets, who have served during a defined period of war and who are in need of assistance with paying for care at home, in an assisted living facility, or nursing home, are eligible to receive this improved pension.



“The 3 Ms to Veterans Pension Qualification”

All too often veterans are told they do not qualify for VA Aid and Attendance. The truth is you may be eligible for benefits to help pay for needed extended care should if you meet, “The 3 Ms to VA Pension Qualification”. These are:
M#1, military service. A veteran or a surviving spouse of a veteran must have 90 days of active duty, with one day during a period of war, and have an honorable discharge. The periods of war include World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War and the Gulf War. Gulf war veterans must have two years of active duty to qualify.

M#2 is medical need. A claimant must have the need of assistance of another individual with at least two activities of daily living. There are bathing, dressing, ambulating, toileting and eating.  An example of this would be someone with dementia may simply need daily reminders to eat and bathe, this would qualify.

M#3, is money, so what are the income and asset limits? In order to qualify for the full benefit your income must be less than your cost of care. Here is an example, take someone with an income of $3,000 per month and their cost of care in an assisted living community is $4,500 per month, they would have $1,500 negative per month. They would qualify for the full monthly benefit of $2,170 for a married veteran, $1,830 for a single veteran, and $1,176 for a surviving spouse. The amount of assets they can have is not as straightforward and is somewhat subjective process. We have had claims approved with over $80,000 in total assets and others denied for less than $30,000 in total assets. So, how do you know what the correct amount is? The best advice is to consult with an accredited agent or attorney who understands the rules. A competent advisor can help you qualify even if you have a high net worth.

Don’t assume you don’t qualify, contact Ted Capuano, VA Accredited Claims Agent, Accredited by The Department of Veterans Affairs. and advisor with Care Funding Solutions.


Veterans Pension

What is the Aid and Attendance Pension?

The Veteran can receive $21,960 per Annum Tax Free to help pay for the High Cost of long-term care.

By Ted Capuano, VA Accredited Claims Agent
As a wartime married veteran of any branch of the US military, as a married veteran you may be eligible for up to $26,040 of tax-free income per year. Veterans must be fully disabled or over 65 and rely on the assistance of another individual for daily living activities.
The VA Improved Pension Aid and Attendance is a program in which individuals who served in the military during WWII, the Korean Conflict, the Vietnam War, or the First Gulf War starting in 1990 to date, are eligible for a special VA pension. The benefit extends to the Veterans spouse as well as the surviving spouse of a Veteran who served during wartime. Interestingly, the spouse did not have to be married to the Veteran at the time of service. It is also important to note that a common law marriage is recognized for eligibility.
The pension is paid tax free to help pay for home health care, an assisted living facility, and nursing home costs. A family member can also provide home health care, and the Veteran can pay that person for the care given.

If you or your spouse served our country during a period of war, check out your eligibility for this benefit. If you require assistance at home, currently live in a senior retirement community or assisted living facility, or if nursing home care is inevitable, you may be able to increase your standard of living or move into a facility where you can get the care you need.

Fill out this simple contact form or call us at


The Program


Making the decision

The VA Pension will provide needed tax-free funds to help pay for the assistance of someone to help with daily activities such as eating, dressing, mobility, toileting, or bathing. The benefit is for all Veterans; however, if the Veteran is over the age of 65, the need for care does not have to be service connected. Mental incapacity due to dementia or Alzheimers Disease, hip replacements, and even blindness and other diseases of old age may qualify the veteran or spouse for this benefit. Friends, relatives, or professional staff can provide this care at home, assisted living facility, or in a nursing home.

What can you receive?

A married veteran can receive up to $2,170 per month; a single veteran may receive up to $1,830 per month. The benefit for care for a spouse is $1,435, while that for a surviving spouse is just over $1,176 per month. These benefits are tax free and do not affect any Social Security payments.

Who is eligible for Benefits?

Veterans who served during a period of war, their spouses, their surviving spouses, or their dependent children.
Must have served for at least one day during the period of war, 90 consecutive days of active duty, and honorable discharge.
Need for aid does not have to be service related for those over the age of 65. For those under 65, assistance is available for total disability or for service-related partial disabilities.

General Guidelines

  • Veterans must have 90 days of active service with at least one day of service during a defined period of war.
  • To receive a benefit as a surviving spouse, you must still have been married to the veteran when they passed away.
  • A completed Physicians Evaluation must state that you are in need of an aid or attendant on a daily basis.
  • You must have received an honorable or general discharge.
  • You may receive a benefit to pay for care at home, an assisted living facility, or a nursing home. Care can be provided by family, friends, or professionals

If you have assets in excess of the allowable limits, you may still be able to qualify with proper planning. Call us today to learn how you can benefit from this improved pension.

What to do next?

We can provide you with all the forms necessary to start the application process.
In addition, you should begin the process of gathering the necessary documentation to be filed with the application. Documentation needed will include original discharge papers, marriage certificates, birth certificates, and financial records. If you have further questions about your eligibility or the amount of benefit that may be available to you, please contact us at 239-425-2635

picturepicturepicture of a phoenix family discussing long term care insurance with picture of an az in home care professional place by a agent.
picture po home care options for seniors placement service phoenix az. picture of happy seniors in a nursing home placed by az senior placement service, service scottsdsle az, mesa az and phoenix az. picture senior living housing of AZ, phoenix memory care, retirement community, senior care, care for seniors, phx, az. picture of what is assisted living, assisted living assisted living, assisted living in phoenix az.
picture of nursing facility, homes retirement, home care nursing, nursing faccility, sernior placement picture picture of assisted, nursing facility, assisted living in tempe az, long term care search az, az assisted living home search. picture of independent living az, senior living, care nursing homes az